"AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing ALL students for college readiness and success in a global society."
Sepulveda Middle School and Gifted Magnet is recognized as an AVID Hihgly Certified Site in which ALL students are expected to succeed using the AVID tools and strategies provided to them.
Currently we have one 7th grade and two 8th grade AVID Elective classes. Students in these classes thrive through College and Career exploration, acadedmic planning, and guidance from their teachers.
What is AVID?
- Academic elective courses, that provide a structured college preparatory program.
- Creates and supports a college oriented mindset.
- Promotes a school-wide "College Going Environment".
What are the benefits of AVID?
- Improves Attendance
- Improves performance on state accountability tests.
- Middle school AVID leads to increased high school GPA and Advanced Placement participation.
- Higher percentage of college-prep course completions in high school and enrollment in college.
- Persistence in college.
When communities, teachers and parents work together, students are more likely to succeed.